By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, method, and decode space-based navigation indications, resembling these supplied through the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding desire for a unified open platform that might let superior receiver improvement and layout, in addition to economical trying out techniques for numerous functions. This e-book supply hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this swiftly growing to be field.
One of the original beneficial properties of the paintings is the interactive process used, giving readers the facility to build their very own worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build this type of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors talk about receiver structure according to software-defined radio (SDR) concepts. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, ordinary type and is going from the fundamentals to state-of-the-art research.
Additional gains and issues include:
* Presentation of uncomplicated sign buildings utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of other equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency area seek; and parallel-code part search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation facts decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver carried out utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter a number of parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the cloth lined within the booklet: supplementary front-end equipment—which will be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX process to generate real-world facts by means of changing analog indications to electronic signals
* Supplementary path fabric for teachers to be had at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of contemporary effects and accomplished index
The booklet is geared toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in numerous GPS know-how and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for someone operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Similar geology books
Sunlight radiation facts is critical for a variety of purposes. There are how one can acquiring sun radiation information at floor point: by way of dimension and through modelling. The ebook will facilitate the calculation of sunlight radiation required by way of engineers, designers and scientists and, for that reason, increases the entry to wanted sun radiation info.
For the geoscientist, curiosity in sediment dynamics pertains to the certainty of recent techniques, including their extrapolation to the translation of old deposits in the stratigraphic list. through the years, a variety of dimension strategies and medical methods were utilized to the choice of sediment shipping pathways and the derivation of abrasion, shipping and deposition charges.
Aspect technique data is effectively utilized in fields equivalent to fabric technological know-how, human epidemiology, social sciences, animal epidemiology, biology, and seismology. Its additional software relies vastly on strong software program and instructive case stories that convey how to winning paintings. This publication satisfies this want via a presentation of the spatstat package deal and lots of statistical examples.
- The Geology in Digital Age : Proceedings of the 17th Meeting of the Association of European Geological Societies, MAEGS 17
- Fluid Dynamics in Astrophysics and Geophysics
- Model-based Geostatistics (Springer Series in Statistics)
- Spatial microsimulation with R
Additional info for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
14 1. 12. Magnitude spectrum of bandpass signal s(t) and complex envelope s(t). 5 Representation of Bandpass Signals Signals can also be classiﬁed into lowpass, bandpass, and highpass categories depending on their spectra. We deﬁne a bandpass signal as a signal with frequency content concentrated in a band of frequencies above zero frequency. Bandpass signals arise in the GPS and Galileo systems where the information-bearing signals are transmitted over bandpass channels from the satellite to the receiver.
5. For p = 1 this is (−1)k+1 −k 2 + 3k − 1 − (5 − 2k) |τTc| , for |τ | ≤ Tc , r (τ ) = 0, otherwise. 12) 40 3. 5. ACF for the BOC( pn, n) signal as function of delay τ and p. and the sine integral is deﬁned as x Si(x) = 0 sin(y) d y. 5 for n = 1, 2, 4. The BOC ACF proﬁle results in a DLL discriminator curve that is a bit more complicated than that of GPS. 6 shows the ideal band-unlimited correlation function for both a C/A code signal and a BOC(1,1) signal. 5 chip. We observe various facts. Both discriminator curves are linear around the center of the ACF.
Left-shift the input frame by r bits and divide the corresponding polynomial by P. 2. Set the checksum equal to the binary vector of length r corresponding to the remainder from step 1. 3. Append the checksum to the input data frame. The result is the output frame. The CRC algorithm uses binary vectors to represent binary polynomials, in descending order of powers. For example, the vector [ 1 1 0 1 ] represents the polynomial x 3 + x 2 + 1. 1 Suppose the input frame is [ 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 ]T , corresponding to the polynomial M = x 6 + x 5 + x 2 + x, and the generator polynomial is P = x 3 + x 2 + 1, of degree r = 3.