By Karen E. Kim
Prime specialists within the fields of gastroenterology, surgical procedure, and radiology comprehensively evaluate the pathophysiology, analysis, administration, and therapy of acute bleeding issues of the GI tract. The authors holiday down acute bleeding into higher and reduce GI tract assets and supply a differential prognosis for every sickness, evidence-based algorithms for medical perform, remedy modalities for its administration, and criteria of care. The authors define the various dilemmas confronted by way of physicians of their method of their sufferers, comparable to localization of the bleeding resource (upper vs lower), the necessity and timing for emergency endoscopy, and the timing for radiologic intervention and/or surgical procedure.
Read or Download Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology) PDF
Similar digestive organs books
This publication provides surgical thoughts and specific illustrations of laparoscopic gastrectomy for gastric melanoma, targeting powerful, concise steps and strategies. It describes intimately the perigastric anatomy, and the incidences of every anatomical constitution are analyzed statistically. It additionally discusses classes discovered and top practices within the administration of gastric melanoma sufferers, and contains video captures of designated operational options -essential assets for gastrointestinal laparoscopic surgeons.
Signaling Pathways in Liver ailments, 3rd variation back offers hepatologists and hepatology researchers with knowledgeable review of the advanced and novel cellular/extracellular signaling pathways within the liver, and their position in liver illnesses. the previous couple of years have obvious quite a few advancements during this box, which in flip have ended in new possibilities for leading edge remedies; besides the fact that, the intricacy of those pathways and their interactions proceed to supply a true problem for clinicians.
This ebook deals updated and complete insurance of the analysis and remedy of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ). As is acceptable within the period of multidisciplinary and multimodal therapy, the contributions of the entire a variety of experts concerned cooperatively within the remedy of EGJ melanoma are completely defined.
- Biopsy Interpretation of the Gastrointestinal Tract Mucosa: Volume 2: Neoplastic
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Viral Hepatitis
- Enets Consensus Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Digestive Neuroendocrine Tumors: Part 1 - Stomach, Duodenum and Pancreas
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Atlas for Endoscopic Therapy
Additional info for Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology)
Baehr PH, McDonald GB. Esophageal infections: risk factors, presentation, diagnosis, and treatment. Gastroenterology 1994; 106: 509–532. 49. Wilcox CM, Straub RF, Schwartz DA. Prospective endoscopic characterization of cytomegalovirus esophagitis in AIDS. Gastrointest Endosc 1994; 40: 481–484. 50. Hackman RC, Wolford JL, Gleaves CA, et al. Recognition and rapid diagnosis of upper gastrointestinal cytomegalovirus infection in marrow transplant recipients. A comparison of seven virologic methods.
Tuberculous esophagitis with erosion into aortic aneurysm. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1986; 110: 965–966. 32 Stevoff and Hirano 74. O’Leary M, Nollet DJ, Blomberg DJ. Rupture of a tuberculous pseudoaneurysm of the innominate artery into the trachea and esophagus: report of a case and review of the literature. Hum Pathol 1977; 8: 458–467. 75. Zagrebin VM, Fomin SD. [A rare case of rupture of a syphilitic aortic aneurysm into the esophagus]. Ter Arkh 1988; 60: 70–71. 76. Walsh TJ, Belitsos NJ, Hamilton SR.
14. Norfleet RG, Smith GH. Mallory-Weiss syndrome after cardiopulmonary resuscitation. J Clin Gastroenterol 1990; 12: 569–572. 15. Penston JG, Boyd EJ, Wormsley KG. Mallory-Weiss tears occurring during endoscopy: a report of seven cases. Endoscopy 1992; 24: 262–265. 16. Michel L, Serrano A, Malt RA. Mallory-Weiss syndrome. Evolution of diagnostic and therapeutic patterns over two decades. Ann Surg 1980; 192: 716–721. 17. Kerlin P, Bassett D, Grant AK, Paull A. The Mallory-Weiss lesion: a five-year experience.